Console Boat Air Conditioning
Air Conditioners for Luxury Dual and Center Console Boats
Boats with center consoles have always been very popular. Today, these boat designs span 12 feet to over 40 feet. They can feature double berths, twin steps, heads and even galleys. This style of boat may fit your requirements for a fishing boat or comfortable and fun cruiser for the weekends.
At BoatAC.net, we've started seeing much more interest in adding marine air conditioning to these boats. We've installed both 12v Mabru units and 115v Marinaire units. Modern outboards provide plenty of power to both charge batteries and run these heat pump air conditioning units.
Here are some of the benefits of adding a boat ac unit to your Boston Whaler Vantage or Formula 387:
- Extend your season with warm air blowing on you as you power out to your favorite fishing spot
- Stay cool while trolling on hot days
- Keep your head comfortable and well ventilated all year long
- Comfortable sleeping, napping or eating down below
- Keep everyone warm and comfortable on the way back to your marina at night
Here is what we've learned about installing ac on boats with center consoles:
- Vent location is everything. Customers love having adjustable vents on their dash, in the heads and cabins to keep themselves comfortable no matter the weather
- Size matters a lot. We've found that modern self-contained marine ac units from Marinaire and Mabru can fit in existing spaces
- Many of the best center console boats come with enough electricity generation to power 5000 btu or 6000 btu air conditioners like this MSBA6K2 unit from Marinaire.
- Replacing deep cycle batteries with something like Mabru LiFePO4 lithium batteries can quietly run a Mabru SC 5,000 BTU 12v DC boat unit for hours without running your outboards